Letter from Mayor Schaub
Town of Eatonville Proclamation of Emergency
UPDATE from 4/27/2020: Governor Inslee has announced easing the use of outdoor recreations, amending Proclamation 20-05, 20-25 amd 20-25.1. Amended Proclamation 20-25.2
UPDATE from 4/24/2020: Governor Inslee has announced a plan to allow construction projects previously underway to be completed. You may find more information and details by visiting www.governor.wa.gov.
As the information regarding the spread of COVID-19 changes daily, so does the information on each of the websites listed below. We encourage people to stay tuned to facts provided by the Pierce County Health Department. Anyone experiencing symptoms of an illness—fever, cough, difficulty breathing – should call their healthcare provider so their healthcare provider can determine next steps. Information about testing is available at: Department of Health-COVID-19 Testing Information
Below are some links to help you navigate all the steps being taken by the State of Washington. The Town of Eatonville is following this closely and is taking the precautions that have been mandated by the Washington State Governor. Governor Jay Inslee's Office
- State Emergency Proclamation, restrictions on public gatherings, school closure information, financial support information for businesses, employers, and workers. The Governor has Washington State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19)
- Washington State's Official COVID-19 site, maintained by the State Joint Information Center.
Pierce County Health Department
- Local information regarding health measures for all populations, school district closures, fact sheets, case updates, and information in many languages.Washington State Department of Health
- Comprehensive information about the disease, symptoms, testing, risk factors, case updates, and guidance for the many sectors of
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) - Regional updates and recommendations, regional mitigation strategies, global locations and statistics, travel restrictions, and educational materials.
Eatonville School District - Updates on school closures and impact on classes, childcare, meals, athletics, facilities, and measures to assist students and families.
Following the advice to practice social distancing during this outbreak the Town of Eatonville will focus on essential services only, the following Town services are suspended until further notice:
- In person Utility Billing Payments and Customer Service
- Passport Services
- Animal Licensing
- Concealed Pistol Licenses
We will continue to provide essential services such as electric, water, sewer, storm drain, garbage, building permit and inspections. Appointments in advance are required for any service that can not be performed over the phone or by utilizing our drop box.
Stay home if you are sick and practice social distancing.
The best ways that you can help reduce the spread of this illness is to stay home if you don't feel well and to wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Dry hands with a clean cloth, paper towels or air dry.
At this time all Committee Meetings are postponed until further notice. The Town Council Meeting scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2019 and April 27, 2020 will be held virtually and telephonically. Please see the Town Council Agenda page for more information.
Helpful resources for the small business that have been impacted.
Pierce County has expanded their loan program, see their website more information on the Emergency Small Business Relief Loan Program.